A monster! Combining Danelectro's 56 Lipstick® with Piezo produces huge tone. Maybe the best acoustic-electric tone ever.
- Double cutaway
- Shorthorn shape hollow body
- Scale length: 25″
- Number of frets: 21
- Neck finish: clear satin
- ’56 Lipstick® pickup mounted in sound hole
- Piezo pickup mounted inside guitar under bridge
- 1 master volume
- 1 master tone
- 1 blend pot (Lipstick® or piezo or both in center)
- Available in Cream, Black, Tobacco Sunburst
- Hear it! Scroll down for audio courtesy of Danelectro®
- Shipping & Returns information HERE
One of the most popular Danos ever was the Convertible, the working musician's acoustic/electric. Play it acoustically and enjoy great resonance and excellent projection.
Electrically, it has the "signature" Danelectro sound, but with an open "jangly" acoustic vibe. The Convertible, originally produced in the 1960's and was offered as a re-issue between 1998 and 2001 was a hollow-bodied thinline acoustic/electric guitar based on the Shorthorn. It had a conventional round sound hole with a Lipstick® pickup mounted diagonally across the hole.
The original Convertible name came from the ability to play it unplugged as an acoustic guitar or plugged in as an electric guitar.