Once in a lifetime, you discover something so precious you would give everything you have to own it. Introducing the Danelectro ’84 double cutaway guitar.
Classic “Fullerton” styling will be right at home with all players. A heart quickening reproduction of the most “toneful” guitar ever. From the arsenal of one of the best players to ever walk this earth. This “S-style” with Lipstick tube pickups hearkens back to a guitar built for and used extensively by Stevie Ray Vaughan. His was a custom “one-off” made by Charley Wirz of Charley’s Guitar Shop in Dallas, Texas in 1983. The beautiful, hollow, nasal tones of the Lipstick tubes on a long scale solid body can be heard HERE or in the video below.
The neck, the familiar controls layout and functionality, and the timeless body styling is a great way to inject some Dano tone into your rig without playing an unorthodox instrument and having to re-learn how to work your guitar. Standard 5-way switching with a master volume and tone control offer a myriad of tones, from steely, biting highs to smoky, velvety chords and leads... not to forget those deliciously syrupy, glassy 2 pickup settings.
Premium Wilkinson 2 point tremolo provides silky smooth glissandi and returns true to pitch. Own a tribute to an historically important guitar. Own the tone. The Danelectro ‘84!
- Solid body electric guitar
- Double cutaway offset horn shape
- Scale length: 25.5″
- Number of frets: 21 (graphite nut)
- Wilkinson vibrato bridge
- 3 single coil Lipstick pickups
- 1 master volume
- 1 master tone
- 5-way pickup switch
- Alderwood body, Maple neck, Rosewood board
- Nut is 41mm
- Fretboard radius is 14
- "C" neck shape & 7/8 thickness
- New for 2017 from Danelectro
- Made in Korea - fabulous build quality
- Available in White, Red Burst, 3-Tone Sunburst, Black
- Hear it! Scroll down for audio courtesy of Danelectro
- Shipping & Returns information HERE